Old World Journey

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Old World Journey Empty Old World Journey

Post  Jon on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:21 am

"Ah yes I forgot. The human race has not been eliminated. Travel north... Hope is such a splendid thing." -Caleb Goldman

On December 21st, 2012 a man made virus produced in an underground military base was accidently released upon the world. The virus was designed to constantly shift so the body could not produce the anti-bodies necessary to fight back. By new year a plague had consumed the world. An estimated 64.7% of the population was wiped out. The majority of survivors were teenagers whose still changing bodies were capable of putting up a better fight with the virus.

Within a week of infection the virus mutates to a most terrible stage. Once the host dies the virus takes control of the body. The bodies shamble onward as its flesh rots in an attempt to quell an unending hunger. The victims become mindless zombies.

Now in August of 2013 the survivors have begun to lose hope. Finally abandoning their ties to the places they once called home they head out seeking others in a bid to survive...
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Old World Journey Empty Re: Old World Journey

Post  Pepper on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 am

I pull the zipper up of my stained and ripped jeans. I had bought them on a trip with my parents, I remember it was a beautiful day outside that day and everyone seemed to be beaming with happiness. However at the moment it seemed to be the opposite. I walk out of cheap looking bathroom, not flushing or washing my hands to make the least noise possible, I hadn't even peed in the water, making sure to just hit the rim. I felt relieved as I had held that in for at least 20 hours and I was exhausted but still not safe enough to sleep.
I take off my shoes and walk stealthily out of the deserted house, unsure of what to do next... Search more empty houses? Look for survivors? I don't know, anything as long as I live.
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

https://heartoffarts.forumeiros.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 am

Name: Jon Patrick Stapleton
Heritage: Irish
Description: Tall, black hair, brown eyes.
Personality: Quiet, caring, intelligent
Background: Lived in a small countryside village just beyond the city with his parents and younger sister. He was not very popular in school and remained distant from most of his fellow pupils.

Jon looked down at the mound before him in sorrow. Leaning over the shovel he had used to dig and fill the hole he was still very much in shock. She had seemed like she was getting better near the end.

He had made sure to bury his sister as soon as he couldn't find her heartbeat. When his father died they had been too afraid to go near him. Two days later he started moving again. His mother had forced them out of the room quickly. A series of loud thuds had followed. Later that day his mother had left saying she was going to get the sheriff. Jon never saw her again.

Sighing heavily he tossed the shovel to the ground. Walking half heartily he went back to the house he once called home and began to pack for the road ahead...
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 am

Name: Sayuri
She has long blonde hair, a lime green headband in her hair. She is wearing a ripped summer top *lime green*, and a black mini-skirt. She carries a sword with her for protection. She had lime green eyes too! By the way did I mention she loves lime green color! HEHE!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
''This world once was peaceful... No destruction...... No fighting....... *sigh* Who am I kidding here? NOT ME!'', Sayuri thought to herself. Sayuri suddenly sees something coming out of a building. She doesn't know if its a zombie or is it a survivor.... But she didn't care much. So she ran up to the guy and was ready to slash but suddenly she just stopped. Because she just found a survivor she can torment. She starts a conversation:''Hey, I hope your not a zombie. My names Sayuri! What's yours?'' Sayuri asked politely.
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:45 am

I hear footsteps and almost shit myself. I had never seen a zombie walk around in the middle of the day. I look up and see a girl with blonde hair, her fringe was long but not enough to cover her eyes as she had seen me clearly when I was trying to be stealthy... Too starved of breath I mutter something stupid and realise that this is an actual human, a survivor, something I was looking for... right? I look up and straight into her green eyes and attempt to smile - but somehow I know that smiling isn't something we want to do right now, it doesn't feel natural. I go for a handshake and say "My name is ..." I stop in shock, realising the beauty in this girl... "My name is Pepper"
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:50 am

Sayuri looks at the boy. She thinks to herself:'' Was it the right decision to talk to this guy? He seems a bit useless... Can he defend himself?!? AHH CRAP! WHERE HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF IN!''. She suddenly replies:'' Pepper... What a funny name! *giggles* Nice to meet you Pepper... I hope you know how to defend yourself though.''
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:55 am

Coughing slightly Jon continued to march forward. After his bike had broken down he'd had to hoof it on foot to get into town. What exactly would he do there though? He wasn't really sure. He already had enough to survive for awhil. Food, water, a couple of pills... Deputy Beagles revolver. Just incase it came to that, of course. And then he saw them.

At first he had thought they were zombies, the state they were in. But lo and behold it was true, they were alive. He began to move faster, limping slightly from when he came off his bike, and hoarsely managed to shout out "HEY OVER HERE". It was that point he saw that infact only two of the three people were alive. "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" he yelled as he pulled out his revolver and launched a bullet clumsily through the undead ones chest.
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper on Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:57 am

I remain silent... What can I say? I don't know how to defend myself. All I have been doing is avoiding trouble, if I actually do get into it... What will I do? Maybe meeting this girl is a good thing. In fact, I remember her from school, she was always getting into fights there with the other girls.
I notice something out of the corner of my eye... The Sheriff was walking over here, could he want something?
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:40 pm

Sayuri took the advice from the black haired teen who seemed pretty alive. She looked around seeing a zombie. She then pushed Pepper aside and took out her sword. Sayuri jumped up and slashed trough that damn b-tard zombie thing. Then she took Peppers hand pulling him towards the boy who told us about the dead thing.
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Labby on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Name: Beatrice(Beato for short)
Heritage: Unknown
Description: Tall, black long hair always in twin ponytails, green eyes,has a red and black striped dress with black leggins and dark brown boots.Always carries an axe with her for protection wich she got from her grandfather.
Personality: Naive,childish,changes moods easely can be sweet then be a devil.
Background: She was raised by her grandparents as her parents died on a ship wreack when she was two years old.She was close to them so when they died from the virus leaving Beato all alone she burried them and left the house in hopes of finding other children so she woden't be all alone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was walkingthrough an empty road swining my axe.It was so quiet that I started to sing a song,well not sing more of a wispering."Just close your eyes,the sun is going down.You'll be al-"I stopped as I heard a gun.Withouth a secound though I ran towards the sound,soon I saw a few kids an...a zombie,I yelled at them "Hey!Over here!"

Labby
Labby

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm

I feel dizzy and everything starts going dark. Maybe not drinking water or eating was a bad idea, and pissing out what I had left in my body even worse. What I hear next is a thud on the floor and then nothing. Black.
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 pm

Sayuri mutters to herself:''Jesus... How am i gonna deal with this guy?!?''. Sayuri looks at Pepper who has fainted. He almost looks dead. ''He would make good zombie bait!'' she though to herself. Then she turned around seeing two survivors. One was a girl with long black hair, the other one was a boy with black hair. Sayuri then started a conversation:'' Hello! I'm Sayuri, whats your name?''
She puts up a fake smile. Laughing
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Labby on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm

"I..I'm Beatrice!Nice to meet you!" I said with a big smile on my face it was nice to see people for a change.I looked at the ground and remeberd about the boy who looks like has fainted I coverd my mouth with my hand in a fist and asked "Umm...Is he ok?"
Labby
Labby

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:04 am

Sayuri looks at the fainted dude. She turns back to Beatrice and says:'' He is okay... He just needs water!'' Sayuri takes out a bottle of water and pours it down in Peppers mouth.... Then he starts to struggle like a small bug going to be squished... This looks actually funny.
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Labby on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:28 am

"I wonder if they like me..." I thought with a fear of regection..but."So..do you guys live far from here?" when I said it I started to regret it."I mean how can you do you have a house?I mean,umm,if you have it in shelter,ugh,do you walk here often,im sorry i wanted to say-" I screamed it in terror
"They must think I'm weard... T_T "
Labby
Labby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 am

Looking at the other three it suddenly occurred to him that he knew them. Well not knew exactly but he had seen them before as school. They were all in the years below him... the kid on the ground had won an art competition a while back hadn't he? He heard groaning in the distance. Finally steeling himself to say something Jon lowered his gun back into it's holster, "It's getting dark, we should find some place safe before to hide out before the freaks come out." He briskly began to move to a nearby building. In his mind he was uncertain just how much he could trust these people... he guess he'd just have to wait and see.
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am

Slowly waking up I realise I am on a sofa, and someone covered me with a ragged blanket, that I had seen earlier in the laundry basket. I get up, my head pounding at every thought, every movement, every step, and I look up to see Sayuri. However, I get shocked the moment I see two other people. One looked really creepy, with a smile on and swinging an axe around like she's in the "singing in the rain" dance routine. The other one was a boy, I was happy to see another boy alive, someone I could relate too; but he looked a lot older than me.
I finally muster up the energy to say something in the dark room, probably so the zombies would not find us. "So... ...?" I had nothing to say... Maybe a joke will liven them up? "Why did the chicken cross the road?"
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Labby on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:19 am

I glared at the boy with an evil face,wich quickly turned into a happy smile."To cross the road maybe?"Not sure if it was the right answear I looked at Sayuri and the other boy wich I have no idea of what he's name is.
Labby
Labby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:28 am

Jon sighed at the weak attempt to bring humor to the situation. This was gonna be a long night. He continued to fiddle with the revolver the Deputy had given him before he left Thornton on his Dads motorcycle... he was thinking of the shot he let out back on the street. It could have easily hit either of those two instead of the zombie.

Deciding it was best to cut the small talk he went straight to business: "My name is Jon. I'm from Thornton, the village just outside town. There's nobody left there though, either died or skipped out." He walked out towards the window and peeked through the small crack between the curtains. It confirmed his suspicions... zombies had flocked at the sound of his gunshot and the groups screams. "I've got a few bottles of water and a bunch of crisps in my bag, not much else". He figured for now it was best not to mention his surplus supply of .32 bullets. "Any of you got anything useful on you?"
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:44 am

Sayuri opens her trusty backpack to see what she has. She said:''I have 3 bottles of water, 5 sandwiches and a small dagger...''. Sayuri gives the dagger to Pepper for protection. ''This isn't much but it might come in handy.'' Sayuri smiles while giving it to him.While she though:''Heh.. Easy way of getting rid of thrash!''
''So Pepper and Beato what do you have?'' Sayuri asked.
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:51 am

I take the dagger and put it in my biodegraded backpack, it had been in this house's garden when I found it, ripped and torn but I had to use it. It was a lightweight orange backpack, and it went well with my yellow polo shirt. Inside it I had toilet paper and an apple, but considering the time I've left it in there and the heat from me, it was probably rotten already. I also had a mouse in it, I had forgotten about it until now.

The mouse would have been eaten by a zombie but in an attempt to allow the zombie to die from starvation, I put the mouse in my backpack. It was probably dead now.

I empty my bag and the contents flood out, including the mouse's dead body.

"I don't have much..."
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Labby on Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:57 am

"Oh,I have.."I said while emptying my bag."Two...three..botles of water and...some cookies my grandmother made and I have an old bullet wich granddad had..uhu..That is all" I said as I closed the bag.I looked at everyone and asked "Excuse me but...Where will we all sleep?...hehe.." letting out a nervous giggle.
Labby
Labby

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepper on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:00 am

I lay back down on the sofa and close my eyes. It was about midnight I presumed from the position of the moon.
"I know there are a few bedrooms upstairs... But we shouldn't all sleep at the same time. We need someone in guard at all times, right?" and as I finish saying that I immediately fall asleep, the day was exhausting.
Pepper
Pepper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:08 am

"Alright I guess we'll take shifts guarding the... christ is he asleep already?" Jon bemused. He put his gun back in its holster and began to lift the kid who called himself Pepper (That couldn't possibly be his real name could it?) and did his best to hoist him onto his back. "Our safest bet would be to stay upstairs, it'll leave only one possible route for the zombies to attack. I'll take first guard." He slowly began to make his way up the stairs, Peppers dragging slightly behind him bringing a series of small thuds along the way.

Last edited by Jpyo on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Jon
Jon

Back to top Go down

Post  Flammy on Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:14 am

Sayuri gets kinda annoyed and is trying to think of a strategy on how to fight off the zombies while we have a weak link... called Pepper. She though to herself:''Uh... I doubt using him as a shield would work... Maybe... No....'' Sayuri grabs her head sits up and yells out *quietly* :''AH! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HARD?!?'' Sayuri comes back to her senses turn around to see Beato who seems to be confused out of the girls sudden outburst. ''So... uh.. How do you think we can survive this thing with this Pepper guy... Any ideas?''
Flammy
Flammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next